Bulletin following County Committee Meeting on 26 September 2023.
Update on Intercounty Teams
Michael Jacob was ratified as manager of the Wexford Minor Hurling Team together with the following members of his backroom:
- JJ Doyle
- Roger Ennis
- Richie Flynn
- Helena Jacob
The process is ongoing in respect of Minor Football, U20 Football and U20 Hurling and will be ratified in due course.
Terms of Reference for Underage Review
A group has been set up to review all aspects of our playing season from U8 to U18 with a focus on the following:
- Length of the playing season at all grades from U8 to U18 versus the national norm
- Assess the number of games provided in each code versus the national norm
- Assess the quality and competitiveness of games from U14 to U18 with a focus on grading
- Assess the adherence to national Go Games Policy and small-sided games from U8 to U12
- Assess the games programme for the 18-year-old player in the context of any rule changes and the impact it would have on underage games programmes.
The group will use forums, surveys and invite submissions from all clubs as part of the process.
Timeline for Adult Club Fixture Proposals
The timeline for consideration of proposals for changes to adult leagues and championships and U20 championships for 2024 is as follows:
- 3 Nov Deadline for submission of proposals from Clubs
- 7 Nov Consideration of proposals by Coiste Bainistí
- 10 Nov Circulation of proposals for consideration to clubs
- Week commencing 13 Nov Club Executive meetings to discuss proposals and consider views of players and other stakeholders within clubs
- 21 Nov County Committee Meeting to discuss and decide on proposals
|24 October 2023||Coiste Contae October Meeting|
|3 November 2023||Deadline for submissions from Clubs in respect of 2024 structures|
|21 November 2023||Coiste Contae November Meeting|
|11 December 2023||County Convention|