MOTIONS – 2012
- That Wexford GAA County Convention adopts a bye-law that the County Treasurer is not subject to the maximum period of office of five years: Rule 3.11 B2 applies.
2. In All Ireland championship, the winners of the All Ireland Football Final and All Ireland Hurling final are barred from the back door system for the following three years. PASSED
3. In hurling, for any free being taken, penalty or otherwise, no ball can be struck inside the 20 meter line. The penalty for breach of this is a free out. Lines men and referees to police the issue. MOTION DEFEATED
4. Clubs must submit their players for regrading 3 weeks before the start of the Championship. WITHDRAWN to be brought to County Board
5. For Leinster Hurling & Football club championship, the first round of the championship proper must be on a two year home and away system with open draw for the second round. PASSED
6. That Rule 5 – Aggressive Fouls of Official Guide Part 2 be amended as follows:
5.19 To abuse any player, team mentor or club/county officer in a racist or sectarian way
That Rule 7.2(b) of the Official Guide Part 1 be amended to include the following infractions.
(iv) Racial abuse of any player, team mentor or club/county officer
(v) Sectarian abuse of any player, team mentor or club/county officer
That rules and Bye-laws be amended to accommodate the above motions, if necessary.
PASSED with full backing of Convention
7. Amendment to Rule 7.3 ( z ) ( aa ) ( viii)
After The Hearing, The Hearings Committee may, in its sole discretion, seek clarification in writing of any matters in the Referee’s Report. Any written Clarification or comment by the Referee shall have the same status as the Referee’s Report itself, but may only be used for the purposes of exoneration of the Defending Party or mitigation of any allegations made against him. Such Clarification may not be challenged in any way or made the subject matter of any further Hearing.
Proposed Amendment to read as follows:
After The Hearing, The Hearings Committee may, in its sole discretion, seek clarification in writing of any matters in the Referee’s Report
Any written Clarification or comment by the Referee shall have the same status as the Referee’s Report itself, and may be used for the purposes of imposing a suspension appropriate for the reported alleged Infraction, exoneration, or mitigating any allegations made against the Defending Party.
i.e Replace the wording ( “ may only be used “ ) with the following
( “ may be used for the purposes of imposing a suspension appropriate for the reported alleged Infraction , exoneration, or mitigating any allegations made against the Defending Party. “ )
Such Clarification may be challenged in any way or made the subject matter of any further Hearing
All other relevant Rules to be amended accordingly. –
8. No matches to be played in Wexford Park on Saturdays immediately before all County Senior Club Hurling & Football Finals including replays so as to ensure that all the relevant preparations may be put in place for the staging of our Premier Championships Finals and to give the occasion the status that it deserve. –
Ruled out of order
9 . Official Guide Part 2 (Rules of Specification) Rule 2.6 (f) currently states that
“A caution (yellow card) issued in normal time shall carry over into extra time”.
Proposed that the rule be changed to read:
“A caution (yellow card) issued in normal time shall not carry over into extra time”
10. That there be a grading system introduced for referees in County Wexford. Gone to Referees Committee as a recommendation
11. That the section of Rule 6.16 of the T.O. that currently reads “Adult: Be over 16 years” be amended to read as follows “Adult be over 17 years”. WITHDRAWN
12. That in order to introduce new age categories for our local leagues and championships that rule 12 of the Mionrialacha Coiste na NOg Loch Garman be amended to read as follows: WITHDRAWN
13. That rule 11 of Mionrialacha Coiste na nOg Loch Garman be updated to reflect the changes in Under 12 and Under 14 to Under 11 and Under 13 accordingly. WITHDRAWN
14. OUT OF ORDER but sent forward to Referees Committee as a recommendation