Wexford GAA will take a full part in this year’s nationwide series of ‘Open Nights’ which take place across Ireland on Friday May 10th to promote the 2013 GAA Hurling and Football Championships.
On the night our county teams will be making themselves available to meet with local journalists and supporters in a family friendly environment. For Wexford supporters this is a unique chance to meet your heroes – the players.
The Wexford event takes place in Bellefield on Friday May 10th from 7.30pm with MC Liam Spratt getting proceedings underway introducing our senior hurlers and footballers and our special guests from the Wexford Senior Camogie and Ladies Football teams as well as our World Champion Handballers plus our u-21 and minors.
Events on the night include:
- Meet the starts, get their autographs on our special gift posters available on the night
- Get your photo taken with the players
- Fun coaching sessions with Wexford greats Damien Fitzhenry , George O Connor and our senior players where our young supporters will be coached by our inter county hurlers and footballers
- Peil & Iomáint abú…fun challenge games where our senior footballers take on the senior hurlers, and the ladies footballers take on their Camogie counterparts!
- We’ll have a speed ball and crossbar challenge, a beat the county goalkeeper competition and a Puc Fada contest all with mini prizes supplied by our sponsors
- There will be Handball coaching sessions and an exhibition by our World champions
- We’ll be giving away ‘Free’ tickets to primary school children for the hurlers Leinster championship home game versus Dublin on 9th June
- There will be a DJ on hand to provide the soundtrack for what promises to be a great night
- Wear your colours, dress in your finest Purple and Gold and you could win our best dressed supporter competition…
So see you on the 10th of May in Bellefield for this not to be missed night of fun..