In light of COVID-19, Wexford GAA would like to confirm that all club fixtures previously notified for March and April are now postponed.
No new dates have been pencilled in as there is no clear timeline as to when sporting action of any type will recommence due to the ongoing battle to curtail the Corona virus.
Coiste Ceannais na gComortaisí Loch Garman have made the decision to postpone all club championship games fixed for this March and April.
It is proposed that we will engage with the Provincial Council and National CCC with a view to restructure our Games Programme. This may include the redesign of the current formats. If so, we will engage with the clubs prior to any decision being made. It is envisaged that, regardless of when these restrictions are lifted, the CCC will allow a lead time of 2 to 3 weeks before any club championship games would be fixed.
In summary, the club championships in Senior, Intermediate, Intermediate A, Intermediate, and Junior Championships in both codes will not proceed as previously notified in the month of March and April.
All-County Leagues will resume when sanction is approved by the Statutory Bodies and will be notified to clubs in due course.
We ask clubs to please, please adhere to all guidelines outlined by the Government and the HSE. Our clubs and members have already shown their commitment to their communities by assisting those in need of help and we ask all clubs to continue to do so in cooperation with Wexford County Council’s Community Resilience and Community Emergency Planning Group. Further details will be circulated to clubs in relation to how we can all assist in this effort in the coming days. We have advised both the HSE and County Council that we are available to provide any support required to assist them in meeting this challenge.
The County Board meeting scheduled for March 24th has been cancelled. The Management and CCC will continue to meet as required and will provide updates to clubs via email as necessary.
All other games and activities, including those under the jurisdiction of Coiste na nÓg, remain suspended as per GAA directive and advice from the HSE / Department of Health. This will continue until we are directed otherwise.
Once again, we strongly urge all our members to adhere to directives from the GAA, the HSE and the Department of Health during the current pandemic.
Deiric Ó Ceannt,
Gearóid Mac Daibhéid,