Congratulations to all who took part in the South East Radio/ Wexford GAA Countywide Monster General Knowledge Quiz. Well done and thanks to everyone who make this event
possible. It was a huge success and a great fun event for everyone involved.
There were 487 teams in 46 venues- Enniscorthy had 110 teams, New Ross 122, Gorey 104 and Wexford 151.
For a list of the winning teams pls CLICK HERE
46 teams will go through to the final on Thursday March 7th at the Ferrycarrig Hotel.(
Registration is from 8.15pm and the quiz will commence at 9.00pm
How it will work for the night of the final.
- The quiz will comprise of 8 rounds of 10 questions.
- Registration starts at 8.15pm and the quiz will commence at 9,00pm sharp.
- Quiz answer booklets will be provided.
- Questions and answers will be called out at the venue.
- At the end of each round answer sheets will be collected from each team – the sheet will be signed by the team captain.
- The venue scrutineers will check each answer against the answers provided by the quiz master.
- A league table will highlight the scores for each team.
- In the event of a tie-breaker the following rules will apply:
- The tie-breaker will be a sudden death format where participating teams will write their answers and the team with the incorrect answer gets knocked out until one team is left and will be declared the winner.
- Prizes are as follows:
- 1st Prize: €1,000 for winning team plus a set of jerseys for their nominated GAA club.
- 2nd Prize: €500 for winning team plus 4 Gold Season Tickets to Wexford Park ( all Fixtures) for their nominated GAA club.
- 3rd Prize: €250 for winning team plus 4 All Ireland Tickets for their nominated GAA club.
- No cash in lieu of non cash prizes
Terms & Conditions
- All participants must be over 18 years old. Proof of identity may be required.
- Up to 4 persons per team. No substitutes for team members who took part on Thursday 21st Februaray are permitted to take part on the final night. Team Captain must vouch for all team members. If a member of the team is not available to attend the final, the team may continue to play without that member.
- The quiz will start at 9pm sharp. Late arrivals will not be facilitated on the night.
- Each team must select a team captain to co-ordinate the team.
- Access to mobile phones, smart phones or android devices or any other computer or communications device or radio or walkie talkie is strictly prohibited on the night. Any table found to be in breach of this rule will be eliminated from the quiz.
- Team members must remain seated for each round of questions.
- No non team members are allowed to be seated at the table or in close proximity to the teams.
- No consultation other than with team members is allowed during the quiz including venue organising staff.
- Decision of the Quiz Management is final.
10. In the event of a tie- breaker the following rules will apply:The tie-breaker will be a sudden death format where participating teams will write their answers and the team with the incorrect answer gets knocked out until one team is left and will be declared the winner.
- The decision of the Quiz Managmeent is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Fire, health & Safety are the responsibility of the hosting venue.
- South East Radio reserves the right to use all recorded or live material involved in the quiz night on air or in press. The winner may also be required by South East Radio to participate in a photo shoot. South East Radio has the right to use such publicity photos in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
- No cash in lieu of non cash prizes.
For further information please contact Marion Doyle Wexford GAA 053 9144808
|Quiz Winners 2013|
|Enniscorthy||Table Quiz||Name of Team||Panel|
|Ballyhogue||Gary Byrnes (Bree )||Not a Clue||Paul Murphy, Jim Doyle, Judy Donnelly, Tom Furlong|
|Cloughbawn||Cloughbawn GAA Complex – Castleboro||BARPH||Barry Kinsella, Andrew Macugh, Roisin and Philip Quigley|
|Davidstown||Millenium (Davidstown)||No Jocks||Robert Hassey, Michael Hayes, Stephen Kennedy, Mel Fitzpatrick|
|Duffry Rovers||Jordans – Ballindaggin||Duffry Rovers||Louie Rafter, Matt Mernagh, Mary & Mick Power|
|HWH Bunclody||Rivers Edge – Bunclody||A Family Affair||Liam, Maeve, Eileen,Martin and John Murphy|
|Monageer-Boolavogue||Monageer Tavern – Monageer||Monageer-Boolavogue||Paul Fenlon, Paul Tuohy,Ann Bulter Fran O Brien|
|Oulart The Ballagh||Oulart Hill Bar (Oulart)||Noel’s All Stars||Noel Doyle, Darren Moore, Aodhagan Swords, Dave Whelan|
|Oulart The Ballagh||Bob’s Bar (Ballagh)||Matt Gahans||Matt Gahan, Shane Reddy, Michael Reddy, Nicola Reddy|
|Oylegate/Glenbrien||Mernagh Pub -Oylegate||Glenbrien Crew||Tom, Daiti , Eoin O Mahoney, David Jordan|
|Rapparees/Starlights||Bellefield GAA Complex||Liars Corner Boys||Padraig Hall, Pat Kearney, Damien Mahon, Bill Morrissey|
|Rathnure||Conrans||The Hooligns||Kathleen, Sharon, Jimmy, TBA Holohan (Family)|
|Shamrocks||Traceys Hotel – Enniscorthy||Shamrocks||Laura Franklin, Karen Franklin, Jimmy Franklin, Brendan Murphy|
|Adamstown||Foleys (Newbawn)||St Abbans Adamstown||Joan Furlong, John Kent, Dympa Furlong , Maura Carroll|
|Bannow/Ballymitty||Tire na nOg – Wellington Bridge (Mick Wallace 087-2503548)||Mick Wallace’s Team|
|Clongeen||PJ. Murphys||The Big 3+1||Michael Sinnott,, Michael Kent, Michael Casey, Adrain Casey|
|Geraldine O Hanrahans||The Ferry Inn – New Ross||The Newtown Commoners||Ged Maguire, Thomas O Shea, Aoife Maguire, Pat Fallon|
|Gusserane||Powers Ballycullane||The Disappointment||Cathal Somers, Shay Keevans, Kierian Bird, Kevin Cunningham|
|Horeswood||Dunphys -Campile||Duffin’s Dodgers||Michael Duffin, Jean O’ Reilly, John Kenny, Stephen O Connor|
|R/Cushinstown||Horse & Hound||Camblin Roses||Michal and Ailish Whitty, Philip and Antoinette Carberry|
|St James||Sportsmans Inn Ramsgrange||St James||Noel, Billy Holohan, Dan Meaney, Pat Kenny|
|Taghmon/Camross||Taghmon GAA Complex||The Girls and Jim||Ann & Catriona Hannnon, Jim Morrissey, Eleanor Murphy|
|Askamore -Kilrush||Askamore Community Centre||WMD’s||Mary, Davie Donohue, Susan O Neill, Willie Brennan|
|Ballygarrett-Realt na Mara||GAA Complex||Riverchapel Rogues||Dermot, Podge Dunbar, Ray Corcoran , Murt Flemming|
|Castletown-Liam Mellows||Anchor Bar||Sun and Sully||C Sunderland, B Carty, P Carty, J Sullivan|
|Clonee||Parkside – Camolin||Clonee Warriors||Suzanne Byrne, Enda Furlong, Vincent Gallagher, Pat O’Hagan|
|Craanford||Cooneys of hollyforth||Mrs Brownes Boys||Cora, Andrew, Eilish and James Browne|
|Ferns||Dunbars – Ferns||Ferns||Jamie Dunbar, James Murphy, Paul Murphy, Dawn Whelan|
|Kilanerin -Ballyfad||Murphys Pub Kilanerin|
|Naomh Eanna||Gorey GAA Complex||The Merry Milk Maids||Mary McDonald, John Egan, Sue Egan, Michael J Dwyer|
|St Patricks||The Ramble – Ballycarnew||The Oulart Supporters||Billy, Hempenstall, Charlie Murphy, Ann McGuire|
|Tara Rocks||Bunkers Bar – the Rock||Croghan||John, Paddy, Frank Cullen, Padraigh Byrne|
|Blackwater||Ettchinghams – Blackwater||Blackwater||Pat Curran, Nig Cullen, Declan Roche, Sean Hamilton|
|Clonard||Wexford Golf Club||Peters||Cathal O Grady,Tom O Connell, Derek Flood, John O Brien|
|Crossabeg/Ballymurn||Foleys – Crossabeg||Crossabeg/Ballymurn||Pax “Peter Shortall, Netta Shortle, Ger Shortle, Aida Corish|
|Faythe Harriers||Bugler Doyles- South Main Street||Boscos Boys||Tony Walsh, Sean Mahoney, Chris Walsh, Brian Walsh|
|Glynn/Barntown||Glynn/Barntown GAA Club||Gerry and the Pacemakers||Olivia Sweeney, Julie Kearney, Ger Sweeney, Meabh Cooney|
|Kilmore||Quigleys – Kilmore||Kilmore||Fintan O Reilly, Jim Moore, Colm Dillion, Michale Cooney|
|OLI||Butlers of Broadyway||The Also Rans||Aidan Browne, Aedin Hassett, Frank Browne, Bernadette Byrne|
|Post/Primary Schools||Ferrycarrig Hotel||Mercy Marauders||Pat Gately, Paul King, Martina, Gatley, Maura Griffin|
|Sarsfields||Gaelic Bar -Bishopswater||Austerity||David, Paul, Padraig Gannon, Michael Cuddihy|
|St Annes||Sciville Lodge – Duncormack||Fintan Ffrench’s||Fintan, Mona, Eamonn Ffrench, Neil Roche|
|St Josephs||Browns Pub – Bishopswater||Fat Chance||Darren McManus, Liam Leahy, Dymphna leahy, Niall McGuinness|
|St Martins||St Martins GAA Club||The Mountainneers||Phil Murphy, Brian Nolan, Margaret Daly, Kieran Daly|
|St Marys Maudlintown||Pike Inn – Wexford||St Marys Maudlintown||Martin O Connor, Michael Furlong, John Ffrench, Philip Doran|
|Volunteers||Gayners – Wexford||Volunteers||Aidan Buckley, Rory Dwyer, Anthony Bulter, Pat Bruen|