Co Wexford young GAA stars are on full display this Saturday 1st September in Farmleigh, Ferns and Bellefield in what is now one of the biggest County Development Squad Tournaments in Leinster and we ask all supporters of Underage and Adult GAA in the County to come out and support our young men in Purple and Gold
|Leinster U15 Hurling Development Squads
Saturday September 1st 2012
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4|
|A||Wexford South||A||Dublin South||A||Carlow||A||Wicklow|
|B||Kilkenny South||B||Wexford North||B||Antrim||B||Kildare|
|C||Dublin North||C||Kilkenny North||C||WESTMEATH||C||Offaly|
|Venues for Groups 1
& 2 : Ferns
Venues for groups 3
& 4: Marshalstown (Farmleigh)
(Running order for Group Games )
A v B
Noon Loser AvB Plays C
- 1.00pm Winner AvB Plays C
|2.00pm||Top Team in
in Group 2
|2.00pm||Top Team in Group 2||V||2nd Team in Group 1||Ferns||Cup|
in Group 1
|v||Top Team in Group 3||Ferns||Shield|
|2.45pm||3rd Team in Group 2||V||Top Team in Group 4||Ferns||Shield|
Team in Group 3
in Group 4
|2.00pm||2nd Team in Group 4||V||3rd in Group 3||Marshalstown||Plate|
3.15pm Plate in Marshalstown
4.00pm Shield in Ferns
3.45pm Cup in Bellefield Enniscorthy
Each team will play a minimum of 3 games of 30 minutes each ie: 15 minutes aside, 5 minutes interval for half time.
Food and Drink:
All teams to cater for their own panels. (Sandwiches and Tea/Coffee will be available at venues to purchase.
Michael Foley CupLeinster U15 Hurling Development Squads Tournament
- Players taking part must be under 15 years of age on the 1st of January 2012
- All Panels shall comprise of 24 players. Under no circumstances should your panel exceed this number.
- Games will be played on a normal size pitch.
- Games will be played on a 15 a side basis over 15 minutes per half, interval of 5
minutes. Games will be played under full rules of hurling.
- The committee will appoint a co-ordinator at each venue who will act as Runai for
the venue. Decisions made by the co-ordinator in the events of disputes shall be final.
- The names for the 24 players must be submitted in advance and not later than
Wednesday 15th August 2012. Teams failing to do so will not appear
in the official programme. We ask especially that you co-operate with us on this naming your Goalie as no1 and all players to wear the number given to him for the programme.
- 2 points will be awarded for a win, 1 point for a draw, score difference will be
used to determine places if teams are even on points. If that does not separate the teams the highest score for, will apply. If that
does not give a winner, a draw from the hat will take place with first out
- In event of a draw at full time in the Semi-Finals a penalty shoot out will decide
who goes through to the Final. 3 Players in the goal, same 3 throughout, 3
separate players will take 1 penalty each, if no result sudden death will apply
with new players taking subsequent penalties. 10 mins extra time, 5 mins per half will be played in all Finals in the event of a draw. If Teams level after
extra time a penalty shoot out as in Semi-Finals will decide the winner.
- Only 24 medals will be awarded to each winning panel, with no exceptions.
- A size 5 Sliotar will be used in all matches